Welcome to The Abbey!
Originally a bed and breakfast for many years, we purchased her in March 2012; between April 1 and July 21, 2012, our amazing team of contractors led by Rick Taylor of Taylor Builders renovated The Abbey to include 2 state-of-the art kitchens, 9 large bedrooms, 9.5 modern bathrooms, an outdoor shower, brand-new mahogany front porch, central and mini-split air conditioning systems throughout and much more.
The most photographed home in Cape May and a Historic Gem - Victorian elegance meets a stunning Gothic Revival villa. In 1869, a wealthy Pennsylvania coal baron by the name of John McCreary decided to build an elaborate home on the shores of Cape May (costing $20,000). He contracted a famous architect, Stephen Decatur Button, to design his summer retreat, and the result was a beautiful gothic villa with an imposing 60-foot tower, stenciled and ruby glass arched windows.
- On-site parking for 10 cars
- 9 large bedrooms - sleeps 26; 20 in traditional beds (1 king, 6 queens, 2 doubles, 2 singles); 6 in convertible beds (3 queen sleep sofas)
- 9.5 modern bathrooms
- Outdoor shower
- Large side yard, perfect for barbecues, games, and gatherings
- Period furnishing including mahogany trim, chandeliers, Persian rugs
- Comfortable beds, sofas, and modern convenience
- Flat-screen TVs and Wi-Fi
- Central AC and mini-split AC units
- Centrally located and walking distance from the beach, dining and shopping
The Abbey is a pet-free and smoke-free rental.
Jan 1-Apr 1: $4800/week; $5800/holiday week; $1200/night except New Years: $1500/night
Apr 1-May 13: $6000/week; $1200/night
May 13-June 10: $7500/week; $1200/night (Memorial Day weekend: $1400/night)
June 10-17: $8900/week
June 17-24: $9800/week
June 24-July 15: $11,500/week
July 15-Aug 12: $12,500/week
Aug 12-19: $11,500/week
Aug 19- 26: $9,500/week
Aug 26-Sept 2: $8400/week; $1300/night for Labor Day weekend
Sept 2-30: $6800/week; $7800/holiday week; $1200/night
Sept 30-Oct 21: $5900/week; $6900/holiday week; $1200/night
Oct 22-Dec 31: $4800/week; $5800/holiday week; $1200/night except Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years Eve: $1500/night
Rates are subject to change without notice.