Welcome to The Abbey!
Originally a bed and breakfast for many years, we purchased her in March 2012; between April 1 and July 21, 2012, our amazing team of contractors led by Rick Taylor of Taylor Builders renovated The Abbey to include 2 state-of-the art kitchens, 9 large bedrooms, 9.5 modern bathrooms, an outdoor shower, brand-new mahogany front porch, central and mini-split air conditioning systems throughout and much more.
The most photographed home in Cape May and a Historic Gem - Victorian elegance meets a stunning Gothic Revival villa. In 1869, a wealthy Pennsylvania coal baron by the name of John McCreary decided to build an elaborate home on the shores of Cape May (costing $20,000). He contracted a famous architect, Stephen Decatur Button, to design his summer retreat, and the result was a beautiful gothic villa with an imposing 60-foot tower, stenciled and ruby glass arched windows.
- On-site parking for 10 cars
- 9 large bedrooms - sleeps 26; 20 in traditional beds (1 king, 6 queens, 2 doubles, 2 singles); 6 in convertible beds (3 queen sleep sofas)
- 9.5 modern bathrooms
- Outdoor shower
- Large side yard, perfect for barbecues, games, and gatherings
- Period furnishing including mahogany trim, chandeliers, Persian rugs
- Comfortable beds, sofas, and modern convenience
- Flat-screen TVs and Wi-Fi
- Central AC and mini-split AC units
- Centrally located and walking distance from the beach, dining and shopping
The Abbey is a pet-free and smoke-free rental.
Jan 1-March 31: $6200/week; $1500/night except New Years: $1800/night (House is closed early January through mid March)
March 31-May 11: $6500/week; $1500/night
May 11-June 8: $7800/week; $1500/night (Memorial Day weekend: $1600/night)
June 8-15: $9000/week
June 15-22: $10,000/week
June 22-July 13: $11,750/week
July 13-Aug 10: $12,750/week
Aug 10-17: $11,750/week
Aug 17- 24: $10,000/week
Aug 24-Aug 31: $9500/week
Aug 31-Sept 28: $9000/week; $1500/night; $1600/night for Labor Day weekend
Sept 28-Oct 19: $8500/week; $1500/night
Oct 19-Dec 31: $7500/week; $1500/night except Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years Eve: $1800/night
Rates are subject to change without notice.